The Immunity Blog With Coach and Debbie
Coach | Top Ten, David Letterman Style
November 30, 2009
As we watched the recap of the season this week I was reminded of my own dynamic, polarizing and sometimes comical memories so far. I hope this will spur a pinpoint of recollection in your own memories. Here are my top ten in David Letterman style.
10. Shambo revealing that she is not the sharpest tool in the shed by saying so on the first day.
As Mark Twain once said “Its better to keep your mouth shut and for people to think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”
9. Russell the troll dumping out the water of everyone’s canteen.
As the Dragonslayer once said “Evil dwells in the hearts and minds of the most unworthy opponents who are too short and insecure in developing brain matter and a sense of honor and dignity while growing up.”
8. Danger Dave starting a fire not once but twice when Shambo and Russell maligned him saying he couldn’t.
Coach Wade once said “If at first you don’t succeed, move over for cryin’ out loud and let someone else try!”
7. Russell “Gollum” Hantz using a national disaster to his own discredit, disgrace and disparagement.
Mahatma Ghandi said “Remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won.” Are you listening gnome?
6. Shambo losing the snorkel mask and sheepishly walking back into camp.
Mr. D. Slayer also said “Ownership of your own actions is the key to self improvement and discipline.”
5. Good Russell almost going in to cardiac arrest.
One of the most dynamic and dangerous moments ever seen on Survivor. He went out as the noble warrior. As Dan the Man said “Give it your all no matter what. Push past the threshold and find a new level, a new limit. Never be satisfied.”
4. Everyone walking around like chickens with their heads cut off letting Russell H. outrun them in the pursuit of the idol.
One of my heroes Martin Luther King once said “He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to penetrate it.” How could you all let him do that!
3. Mother Nature. Showing everyone who’s boss by pouring a deluge of water for the first two weeks straight.
Charles Bronson said “Mother nature throws you a curve ball.” You said it Charles!
2. Ben telling Yasmin to go back to ketchup sandwiches and kool-aid.
By far the most racy and daring line ever uttered on the show. See quote above from Mark Twain.
1. Erik the Viking. The warrior. The new dragonslayer of Samoa.
Brooking no compromise at tribal. Using his sixth sense to ferret out the truth. And falling on his sword at the end, leaving with his head held high and proving once again that unless you are an evil conniving backstabbing minion of evil, you cannot win survivor.
Dragon Slayer over and out!
Debbie | Deb’s Top 10 Favorite Samoa Moments
November 30, 2009
While recapping this season of Survivor Samoa, I have several quick thoughts. Hey Coach, did you hear that, QUICK thoughts?
First of all, this season had a slow start and now is spinning out of control. What a turnaround! I eagerly wait to see what will happen each week. Because of the unknown, I look forward to watching this season’s show more than watching Tocantins. Since I had insight to our season, there were few surprises. With the exception of the private interviews…Yea, JT and Stephen I heard you talk smack about me!
As we all know, Russell is the main character of Samoa. Coach, you were the character of Tocantins. Well, maybe Tyson had that title a few times! However, our “characters” played a completely different game. I cannot compare Russell’s game to anyone in our season. I started this season’s blog loathing Russell. His comments about Katrina really struck a nerve. I still stand strong on my thoughts regarding using a natural disaster for your sympathy vote; however, this guy is amazing. I cannot wait to see what he is going to do each week. His comments, his moves, and his strategies are so entertaining. I was actually cheering for him last week.
Jaison is still my pick to be the winner. I know he is not standing out in any area, but in this game, that can be the best move until the end. I saw something in Brett last week that made me take notice. He reminded me of JT, our winner- cute, quiet, and can win a challenge. For some reason, I still think goofy Dave is funny to watch. His expressions and comments are hilarious. He could be a threat as well. Time will tell.
Deb’s Top 10 Favorite Samoa Moments (not to be confused with Dave’s Top 10)
10) Mick, weekly eye candy
9) Yasmine and Ben’s nasty-crazy-mudslinging- verbal altercation
8) Yasmine exiting tribal in high heels! Still styling and profiling for Jeff.
7) Erik and Shambo chasing the chicken while everyone else watched.
6) Shambo loosing the fishing equipment and telling the truth! (and not seeming to care)
5) Dave’s “Gallagher” face when Laura was voted off (did you see his hair?)
4) Natalie killing a rat with a stick- You go girl!
3) Dave chasing “The Troll”, Russell, through the “forest” and not being able to keep up with him!
2) Shambo claiming to be the chicken “expert” and not knowing they can fly!
AND MY NUMBER ONE FAVORITE SURVIVOR SAMOA MOMENTS……………
1) Russell finding NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE IDOLS. Genius!
This is shaping up to be a great season. Hey, it is up for a People’s Choice award. GO VOTE!